Dementia Spring seeks applicants for the 2022 Dementia Arts Impact Awards. The award recognizes visual and performing artists who create original work that challenges our assumptions about dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease.
We believe that dementia needs a new story. One of engagement, endurance and hope. The 2022 Dementia Arts Impact Awardees will help tell that story.
The application is open at DementiaSpring.org now through July 15, 2022.
“The Dementia Arts Impact Award allowed me to bring the vision for my film Dark Moon to life with top actors and a talented crew,” Katie said.
“Beyond the financial support, Dr. Marc and the Dementia Spring team were invaluable resources on the disease which inspired additions to our script and guidance for our actors. I feel I’ve won not just a grant but I’ve also gained a community with Dementia Spring.”
The 2022 cohort will feature a variety of artists from across the creative spectrum. Artists may come from the visual arts (painting, coloring, sculpting, film), music (listening to, singing, and playing music) drama/movement (acting, storytelling, dance, choreography, playwriting, and expressive movement) or songwriting.
The award is a partnership. Artists will work with top experts in the dementia field with an aim to break new ground, artistically and clinically. Each awardee:
- receives a grant of $2,500 – 5,000 to advance their work.
- helps build the Dementia Arts community through a cohort of artists and expert clinicians in the dementia field.
- participates in one-on-one mentorship on working within the dementia community.
- receives essential marketing technical support, including a professionally produced video and expert social media collaboration.
- partners with Dementia Spring on marketing, outreach and community engagement