Dementia Spring is delighted to announce its latest Dementia Arts Impact Awardees. This year’s cohort features works by artists from around the country who use a range of artistic mediums to portray new stories of dementia.
DEMENTIA MAN, An Existential Journey
A one man play by Sam Simon, who himself is struggling with memory loss.
A stage play as well as a virtual reality multimedia experience, Mercedes describes the journey of a Latin American woman in Brooklyn and her experience with migration, dementia, and expressing herself through art and writing at the end of her life.
The award is a partnership with the Dementia Spring Foundation. Artists will work with top experts in the dementia field with an aim to break new ground, artistically and clinically. Each awardee:
- receives a grant up to $10,000 to advance their work.
- helps build the Dementia Arts community through a cohort of artists and expert clinicians in the dementia field.
- participates in one-on-one mentorship working within the dementia community.
- receives essential marketing technical support, including a professionally produced video and expert social media collaboration.
- is able to partner with Dementia Spring on marketing, outreach, and community engagement
Dementia Spring supports visual and performing artists who raise awareness about dementia, and inspire creativity in people living with dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease. Learn more about Dementia Spring and the Dementia Arts Impact Awards at DementiaSpring.org.